GQ insider

GQ insider

Don't let your Brand fall for "the Banana in the tailpipe"

It's tricky these days when building your brand, there is always a new stat, social media site or toy to make you believe it's time to change your approach.

I understand it's tempting, heck I've even fallen for it before.  I recommend, for any new marketing/branding strategy, the following:
  1.  Before launching research, research, research and finally research. Has someone already executed your strategy, was it successful, what tools did they use? Truthfully you can find this information simply by reviewing their social media accounts
  2. Allow 60 days of repeated message exposure (notice I said REPEATED) for consumers to finally "hear you"
  3. Barter with other brands that fit your target consumers
  4. Don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe (reminder)
  5.  Ask yourself "if I implement this, am I ready to dedicate the time it requires?" Do you know how many companies hire me only to answer my question with "yea, we have a twitter/ facebook etc but don't really use it"
  6. After they "hear you" don't fool yourself, it's going to take a few more months until they believe what they hear, a some more months until they buy-in and some time after that before they sell-out and believe in your brand. (did i mention REPEATED exposure, I'm sure I did)
That's all I have to say about that (as I typed those last words, tell me why the voices in my head sounded like Forrest Gump)

No comments: