GQ insider

GQ insider

"Light up your image" (Cigar of the week)



     One of the newest, yet oldest, trends for the up and coming is smoking a cigar. It elevates personal style and portrays class and let's face it when a person in a suit is smoking a cigar it's thought they have money or very sophisticated. However if done incorrectly can come off as sloppy and trying to hard. I took up cigars about 2 years ago and like most had no idea (still learning) what I was doing, but now can say I have a certain taste that I prefer (darker) and flavor (my secret).

     I have teamed up with Sabino (The Cigar Roller) to weekly "Light your image" now when you walk into a store you know what to ask for, more importantly, how to ask. This will hopefully help you develop your personal taste and "Light your Image".



For beginning smokers:

Sabino suggests this type of cigar: Connecticut wrapper found on the MonteChristo
Sabino prices this type of cigar at: $15 in most cigar shops
Sabino says you should taste: a mild body with a more toasty yet nutty finish



For the moderate smokers:

Sabino suggests this type of cigar: Romeo & Julieta
Sabino prices this type of cigar at: $10 at most cigar shops
Sabino says you should taste: a mild body with a more toasty yet nutty finish



For the experienced smokers:

Sabino suggests this type of cigar: 100% Cuban style Churchill sized cigar (with a havana 200 wrapper)
Sabino prices this type of cigar at: $7 in most cigar shops
Sabino says you should taste: a medium body with a peppery finish



"Sabino's freshly rolled knowledge"

"Of course everyone’s palate is different. I smoke mine with a nice scotch in our lounge. For a nice steak I go to Al Biernat’s and for Italian I go to Bella’s, near the crescent hotel in dallas; both have nice patios to smoke your cigar after dinner. I pair my cigar with my favorite scotch The Mcallan. When I am not smoking my own cigars I shop at Up in Smoke in Uptown they have several stores in the DFW area"



GoodFellas Cigar Factory &
Smokin’ Cigar Lounge
14223 Inwood
Farmers Branch, Texas 75244

Ask for Sabino or Alex
214/659-1399



Until next week "keep your lighters up, tails long"

Big Tex & Sabino!

No comments: